We’ve just submitted an update of BlobbleWriteHD to the App Store. It should be ready for download in the next couple of weeks.
The update includes a pretty major rewrite of our line algorithm to make it more accurate when comparing what a child draws and the letter they are copying. It took a few attempts to get it right but we think the new version is a big improvement. We’ve also added in a ‘display errors’ feature that shows where an error was made by highlighting that part of the line in red. One piece of feedback we had on version 1.0 was that when you made an error it was difficult to know what you had done wrong, so hopefully this should address that.
We have also included an In-App-Upgrade to the app so that you can optionally purchase access to some new features that we have developed. These include:
- capital letters
- option to show the letter baseline
- audio feedback so you can hear when you are following the line correctly
- colored strokes to make it clearer which parts of the letter belong to which strokes
- an ‘easy mode’ where the line checking algorithm uses a 50% wider band of tolerance to make copying strokes easier
- a settings page with optional child lock
We’re really excited about the this release as we think it makes the app easier to use and more helpful. Our own children have given it a positive review – let us know what you think.